Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Romantic Rings

We recently had some lovely Spring weather in Melbourne.

(Can you see the cherry blossom tree?)


So I took the opportunity to take photos of some of my older quilts.

Today I want to share another one I made some years back.



The pattern came from Australian Patchwork and Quilting Magazine.

This one was completely hand pieced and hand quilted!

I 'fussy cut' the little rosebuds in the centre of the 'melon' shapes!



A longer shot of all the cross hatching quilting!

That's the city of Melbourne in the background!



It is about cot sized, so it earmarked for my first grandchild!

(Probably a girl's quilt, don't you think!)

But as both sons are not even engaged yet, I could be waiting awhile!


A close up of the backing and the binding.

I think, if I remember correctly, the backing was bought from Ikea!

Reminds me of Dandelions!

All folded and ready to go!

Have a happy day!

SUZ

4 comments:

Helen McNaught @ AuntyHennys said...

Beautiful quilt Suz! what a lot of work! I actually did learn how to hand piece and hand quilt but I'm afraid I'm a machine girl at heart!! I do love hand embroidery and applique! I love the colours you have used in this quilt - your photos are always great!

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

Wow what an amazing quilt - you can see the hand quilting - it looks so beautiful.

Deanna said...

Your hand quilting is beautiful. What a lucky grandchild you will have someday.

Kirsty @ Bonjour Quilts said...

Another vote for the hand quilting, Suz. Definitely heirloom material!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...