Thursday, May 5, 2011

Slowly, slowly!

I have been so chuffed at the response and comments to my mini tree quilt....

I am beavering away on it but my regular day job is seriously encroaching on 

my craft time!

This is where I am at with my tree.....


Yes, I am appliqueing!

That would be the main reason why it is taking SO long!

(Did I tell you?...I don't DO applique!)

I also have my modern aqua and green blocks on my design floor...


Option 1....


Option 2!

Yes, I know there isn't much difference between them but 6 blocks do not give 

that many possibilities!

I really do feel there should be nine blocks???

Then the arrangement of blocks would 'gel' more!

And finally I have been using these books...


for my Embroider-Bee Swap on Flick'r!

I will get some photos of those soon...

(Winter has arrived in Melbourne and the nights are drawing in so light for photography is a bit tricky!  Do you have the same difficulties?)

Happy sewing!

SUZ

9 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

I have fantasies about proper well lit area just for taking photos! Your tree is growing beautifully. I think you should do some more blocks for your modern sampler. the more the merrier!!

Melody said...

I like option 2 but I agree, you should make three more blocks.

Mary said...

I love your tree! And your applique looks great. I also like Option 2, but I agree with you on the number of blocks. It looks fantastic so far....love the colors and the variety in the blocks. Yes, I always have trouble with getting good pictures and then they seem to change in color and sharpness once you load them onto the blog. Oh well! I am always amazed at how much you accomplish with your work schedule...it is not easy :)

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your blocks are beautiful. And I agree - 3 more blocks would make for a better arrangement.
I can't wait to see your entire tree!

Marie said...

The tree is shaping nicely, it will look lovely 'full grown'. Not intending to be difficult, but I prefer option 1 - it grabbed my eye.

Hugs - Marie

Jennifer Mathis of Ellison Lane said...

Love that compass block in the middle. Wow! And I can't wait to see more of your tree.

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Go on, another few blocks will make a difference, you know that! But a beautiful sextet (?) none-the-less!

Unknown said...

I totally know how you feel when you say your real job is encroaching on your quilting time! That always happens to me too! Also I like option #2 but I would agree, 9 blocks would be better. Beautiful blocks though!

Unknown said...

I totally know how you feel when you say your real job is encroaching on your quilting time! That always happens to me too! Also I like option #2 but I would agree, 9 blocks would be better. Beautiful blocks though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...